also check out the site of the guy that did four crossings without stopping. his time was 39 hours (slower than our single crossing pace). apparently the record is less than 23 hours(faster than our single crossing pace).
looking at the guy who did the 39 hour run is pretty inspiring. if you go onto his site, read the link called 'first ultra year.' lots of failures really.
I did read the quadruple crossing log. Pretting amazing. And interesting that he did it the week before we were there. The last of his "run" sounded kind of like the last of ours, except that his was on the tail end of 100 miles and ours was the last of 21.
Very interesting to read both of your accounts. I'm not glad it was so hard, but I am glad that you still want to do it again despite how hard it was! That's the inspiring part for me.
6 comments:
also check out the site of the guy that did four crossings without stopping. his time was 39 hours (slower than our single crossing pace). apparently the record is less than 23 hours(faster than our single crossing pace).
looking at the guy who did the 39 hour run is pretty inspiring. if you go onto his site, read the link called 'first ultra year.' lots of failures really.
I did read the quadruple crossing log. Pretting amazing. And interesting that he did it the week before we were there. The last of his "run" sounded kind of like the last of ours, except that his was on the tail end of 100 miles and ours was the last of 21.
"Pretting" amazing is pretty amazing, isn't it?
Very interesting to read both of your accounts. I'm not glad it was so hard, but I am glad that you still want to do it again despite how hard it was! That's the inspiring part for me.
i think it is insanity - but i guess it's like having a baby - even after the pain and what-not - you're ready to have another one.
Excellent reports. I'm quite envious. Mostly.
Post a Comment