



I was perusing my current issue of Country Living magazine and came upon a collection of Halloween candles - and I noted with surprise - and delight - that two of the candles were identical to two old Halloween candles that I bring out each year to grace the mantel or the hutch.
I purchased them back in 1979 at the Coronet Dime Store in Duarte. I'm sure some of you readers have fond memories of the Coronet!! I certainly do - you could get everything there!
They are only worth a few more dollars than I paid for them, but somehow seeing them in such good company warmed my heart. And made me glad that I hadn't tossed them last year when I actually tossed a number of ratty, old Halloween decorations that have been collecting dust around here.
The third photo is of the candles that are mine. The other two are magazine photos.
And to go with my retro theme, I am adding an old photo of the "little kids" circa Halloween 1990. I actually came across a box of old photos when I was rummaging around in the shop for the Halloween decorations. Watch for more funny finds!!
4 comments:
Halloween is great.
So is Cornet. My favorite trinkets to get there were dollhouse furniture and accessories.
I love those candles! I'm not sure why, but I do.
I think my mom had some candles like that also.
PS I remember riding the bus to school that day and stepping in dog poo on the bus. Weird.
Post a Comment