Saturday, October 04, 2008

"To the winners belongs the spoils!!"

Dad, Robbie and Hannah completed the marathon in good shape!! They all felt that they hadn't prepared as much as they would have liked to, so they were grateful to have done as well as they did.

Dad's time was 4:03 and Robbie and Hannah, who ran together, came in around 4:50 something. Since Hannah said last night, "I just want to come in under 6 hours," she was happy, though totally wiped out!!

But as with most runners I see, within a short time after a race, after eating, drinking, soaking in the hot tub, showering, and taking a nap, they are already talking about the next race!!

We ran into Cynthia Sandoval from Duarte II and Lorie Reeves Stacy, who had both run their 2nd marathons, and that gave Hannah hope that she would indeed run another one!!

Now we are getting ready to watch conference - and rest up for our shopping expedition later on!!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

So proud of you, Hannah! and Robbie! and Dad!

bonny with a Y said...

Great Job! Maybe I'll get my act together and do the L.A. Marathon - but probably not.

Keli said...

Props to you guys. You rule.

amy k said...

Congrats! I'm very impressed. After running a half, I don't ever want to think about a full.

hanner said...

I don't want to think about it either.