It was Bonny's 16th birthday - and it was also a Sunday!! I was pregnant with Noah and sick as a dog, so her day didn't get a lot of attention from me.
But she certainly got a lot of attention from a certain admirer who was just waiting for her to be 16 so he could ask her on a date!Which he did, that very day!!
You are still looking great!!
3 comments:
What I remember most about that birthday was calling the DMV and trying to get them to let me take the test on a Saturday and promising I wouldn't drive until Sunday - they didn't go for it.
I remember that. Phoebe's 16th b-day fell on a day they were closed and I think she tried the same tactic - and it didn't work then either!!
I didn't get to take the test on my actual birthday either, but I don't remember why. I do remember going to the DMV on my birthday and being sent away. I think I had made an "appointment" for a certain time but then got there and they said, "Um, appointment? We don't do appointments. You're too late for today, come back tomorrow." It was only like 9 a.m. but apparently it was too late. So then the next day I went right after seminary and waited in line and got in.
My favorite babysitter, who has been 16 for a few months, refuses to get her license--she says it's because if she does, she'll have to drive her younger brothers around everywhere (she has 4 younger and 1 older; currently the older one drives everyone everywhere). I say, it's worth it! Plus it would be extra worth it for me if she could drive to my house instead of my picking her up... Oh well, different strokes, I guess.
Post a Comment