Eliza posted about "Best Cousins" - which is what she and Hester used to call each other.
This photo is from 1998 I think - because Ara is a toddler in the other photos from this set of pics.
(You know, every year on Christmas Eve, I think of all the unfinished projects and think, "I will just get going on those the day after Christmas." You feel like you have been going a mile a minute and wow, won't you tear through your chores now. But if you don't finish something on time, you - at least I - don't seem to get back to it and get it done!)
But I'm not giving up - it just may not get done by the end of year 41!! Maybe instead of 40 Year Anniversary Posts they can be called The 40+ Years Anniversary Posts.
After all, I'm still typing up Dad's mission letters - the project I started for his 60th birthday.
My retirement is pretty well planned out already!
6 comments:
i'm pretty sure those are Y2K tiaras - so it was probably 1999.
and don't worry everyone loves the anniversary posts - whenever they happen.
You amaze me with your ablilty to pull the prefect pictures out at just the right times. Not being in the famly, yet now in this last year thinking your family is pretty great, (imagine that!) I really enjoy the anniversary posts for two reasons. One, I get to know you, and two, it is 'familiar turf' since I know California and Utah, also. I should add a third, where do you get your energy????
I was thinking it was 1999 - and the tiaras are a good bet.
I don't necessarily have lots of energy - I just like to keep the comments coming to brighten things up around here!
And actually, I browse through pictures and then tell the story. That's often a way I get my students to write.
Wow, we look so little!
(and people still think I look like I'm sixteen. They obviously didn't really see me when I was actually sixteen.)
yep, it was my senior year of h.s. i remember hester came to visit from texas, where she was in boarding school that year.
Post a Comment