Saturday, October 04, 2008

"It's raining, but not quite pouring - and the old man is out running, not snoring!"

A couple of firsts here for the Terrills at the St. George Marathon!

It's raining!!

I forgot my camera!! (Hannah has hers and we have camera phones - but Hannah forgot her charger - says she might be low on batteries.)

I am skipping the Mayor's Walk - maybe that's a third first!!

Since we have two cars here, they drove themselves to the buses at 4:45 this a.m. So I could stay here and let them drive home from the finish line - none of them was sure of what their time would be - they all felt "unprepared" and expressed the fact that they would be "taking it easy" the whole way.

Maybe the rain will energize them. And we had some good carbo-loading last night. And I need to be there to take the photo that proves they did it!!

But at least the rain will not prevent Hannah and me from our traditional shopping spree while the men go to Priesthood Meeting. (She has saved one of her gift cards for this express purpose!!)

More results to follow - I'm going to go enjoy the complimentary "full" breakfast!!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I've been thinking of them all morning; hope it went okay!

Definitely jealous of the shopping spree, I'll join in again some year!