Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Grandma's Sleepover with Miss Eve


I don't have a free weekend until mid-November - not sure how that happened - you'd think we led an exciting life or something!! But I did want to get in Eve's Grandma's Sleepover, so I picked her up after school on Monday - she had the day off, I had an inservice - and we headed off to the nail salon for the requisite manicure. She certainly charmed the people in the shop - the manicurist kept saying, "You are so cute!"


After a shopping trip for dinner fixings, Eve helped me fill the candy jars for the favors for my stake leadership meeting on Saturday. She did a great job - like her mom, she is a real detail person!

We had a fun Family Home Evening - and enjoyed playing Memory - with the same Memory cards her dad used to play with too!

After baths and hair washing, we had story time - Eve read to me - and I read to her - our book of choice was Mouse Tales - also one her dad used to read. She also enjoyed A is For AnnaBelle. Of course Grandpa Bob had chocolate milk, Pepperidge Farm cookies, and a special story for Eve too!

I meant to take a photo of the cozy room we set up for her in the Family room - but we were too busy reading and I forgot! I wanted everyone to see the special Grandma's Sleepover Pillowcase she brought with her!

Her dad came by to have me do an emergency sewing task for him, so she got to say goodnight to him too!!

Early a.m. found Eve slowly waking up!!


But pretty soon she was bright and chipper!! I took her to school and that was the end of our fun overniter. She kept saying, "I don't want time to go by, because then it will be over!"

But there will be more - Grannybabs is a fan of the Grandma Sleepovers!! Grandpa Bob is too!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh I just love Eve. I miss you, Eve!

hanner said...

I can definitely relate to that "slowly waking up" face.

McGlone Bunch said...

Okay "can I tell you something" that is the best line Evie has :) Keeanna and I love that one. Can you let me in on the Grandpa Bob???? I thought it was Harry F??? or is is P so where do we get Bob????
Love to all!!!!

grannybabs said...

Well, when I picked her up she said, "Can I tell you something? I'm really glad I won't have any little brothers bothering me!"

Harry is Grandpa Bob - I'm not sure where the name came from, but he tells stories and accompanies them with chocolate milk and Pepperidge Farm Milanos!

Maybe it's a play on GrannyBabs??