Monday, October 13, 2008

Porter's Pirate Party!!

While we are waiting for a name - and Matt told me they were "sleeping on it" because Eliza checks out tomorrow a.m. - here's the weekend wrap up on the festivities for Porter.

Dad and I were late arrivals for Porter's Pirate Party - say that 5 times in a row fast!! - because we worked at the temple this weekend - but Dad got right into the spirit of things!

And Eve went right to work fixing up Porter's bed with the quilt and pillow case I had made for him - and the great Pirate Bear from Grandma Mary!!

Here's the celebrating crew!! It's a tough job - someone has to do it!


Baby Harry and Dad enjoyed the event - in spite of the look on Harry W.'s face!


Susanne and Dawn - rapidly becoming the Party Lady in our town!! The kids enjoyed a treasure hunt, walking the plank and decorating their own treasure chests.


If you look at Susanne in profile, you can see an image of Pop - they are definitely related - must be the Porter in them!

Porter's main interest was in playing with his gifts!! But he was a gracious host too - giving hugs and thank yous as we departed!!

Happy Year to You, Hootie!!

3 comments:

Jacob said...

I didn't know that Grandma MAry still made those bears ... I treasure mine from 30 years ago. I need to get the pattern from her so that Amy can make some for my kids.

grannybabs said...

Harry still has his too - and it's in remarkably good shape. I made a mama bear and a baby bear to go with his - and Eve seems to be the one who shepherds the little bear family now!

Phoebe said...

I love the pirate bear-and Porter's new quilt. Is this a sign of things to come-for Calvin?