March has indeed been "mad!"
Everything seems to be rushing along, converging in what might be a pandemic - but it's tough to get a straight story.
Interestingly enough, social media hasn't had as much as I have been expecting. And all the news seems to be various versions of the same story.
But novel coronavirus - called Covid 19 - has struck - first in China, then South Korea, and Japan, and now the entire country of Italy is on lockdown!! The US has many fewer cases, but it does have cases.
I have tickets to fly to Utah at the end of the month for Ara and Ellen's bridal shower - and the CDC is saying that "elderly" people - defined by them as persons over 60 - should not be flying on crowded planes - especially for long flights.
We also are scheduled to fly to Paris on April 10th - and then to fly back on April 24th with Hannah and her children to be there for Ara's wedding - which is May 2nd.
But what if someone on your flight turns out to get sick - and then your entire planeload of passengers is quarantined?
Maybe it will be a pandemic by then and no one can go out and do anything like get married!
It is madness!!


1 comment:
It is crazy to read the before covid thoughts, back when we had heard of covid but were not sure how it was going to impact our lives. I remember I mentioned something I had read in early March about being prepared to Jeff, and he wasn't concerned, and even asked me if I really thought it would impact us in any way. Within two weeks church was suspended, school was out early for spring break while they figured out what to do, and we were staying at home all the time. And we didn't even have a case in our town or county.(Maybe even our state, I don't remember for sure.) The good news is that Jeff went along with my concern and we did a big shopping before everyone else rushed the stores. My only regret is I didn't anticipate the rush on toilet paper and soap/sanitizers. I didn't buy any of those because I had what I considered to be enough on hand. Haha. Just tonight I found some rubbing alcohol for the first time in over two months.
Crazy times.
Post a Comment